This area marks the headquarters of the first Indian Agency on the Blood Reserve. It was built in 1890. Here rations were given to the families during the winter. Thicket brush marking old root cellars dot the landscape in this valley, where the early missionaries first came. The Bloods left this community when the smallpox epidemic struck, sometimes wiping out a whole family in one week. This epidemic hit 10 000 Bloods; only 2 000 survived.